Monday, June 21, 2010

Is there a way to stop eyeliner from running in the corners of your eyes?

by late afternoon, I look like a racoon. I even use expensive M.A.C. eyeliner thinking the more expensive the better, but same problem as with any $6 drug store brand.Is there a way to stop eyeliner from running in the corners of your eyes?
Try maybelline unstoppable. I also try to use a primer or just pad around my eyes with loose powder before applying eyeliner.Is there a way to stop eyeliner from running in the corners of your eyes?
I LOVE Model in a Bottle, it's a makeup setting spray and I spray it in the morning after applying my eye makeup and I can trust my makeup will NOT budge no matter what, until you remove it later that night in your normal cleansing regime.





I work in the beauty industry and would be keen to use this on any and every client to give them long lasting results, and a lot of celebrity make-up artists like Reggie Wells (he does Oprah's makeup) use it. Here's the website, you should check it out, it can be either ordered online or type in your location to find local retailers:


http://www.modelinabottle.com/





A primer is also good to stop eyeliner AND eyeshadow traveling, I use MAC primers but Urban Decay Primer Potion ($16 at Sephora) is designed to be used before you apply your makeup to prolong its use. Very good product, but again I'd be more inclined to use Model in a Bottle as my setting spray because the results are wonderful. I also use MAC eyeliner and this way I can wear it and still achieve the effect that it gives me, but minus the racoon eyes.
I agree from personal experience that the Mac gel eyeliner works best, but I have the same problem. A product I am going to try next is Benefit She-Laq. It's a solution you put over top of your eye makeup, even eyeliner, and it sets it for the rest of the day. I have heard really good things about it. You can purchase it at Sephora or Macys I think. I think Bare Escentuals has a similar product.. I don't know much about it though.
Hi, I'm a makeup artist at Sephora. I would be happy to help you! You need to wear primer. I recommend Urban Decays Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It is an ultra-sheer nude base that glides on just by using the wand applicator. The base disappears within seconds. It's the ultimate eye prep for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. I know it is an eyeshadow primer, but it should work for eyeliner too. I also love the packaging, it's like a genie bottle.





Here's a link:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





Hope this helps! =)
You need an eye primer. Like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance both about $16 from Sephora. The primer has silicone in it and in stops the oils in your skin from breaking down your makeup. I put it on my lid and on my lower lash line. An eye primer will rock your makeup world.
with makeup it is not about the price. but have you tried the MAC gel eye liner. because that doesn't happen to me. also use powder in that area with brush before applying any eye makeup. you have to touch up your face during lunch or break. no makeup unfortunately stays on. good luck : )
i had the same problem and i used mac as well and it didnt work, so i just gave up and i started using N.Y.C brow/eye liner pencil and it works wonders....awsome
Are you using liquid?


Because that happens to me as well.


but when I'm using pencil it doesnt happen.
dont put it so close to the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin