Monday, November 30, 2009

Is there any kind of makeup that will help my eyeliner/mascara NOT smear?

If i'm somewhere that gets hot my eyeliner/mascara smears a lot!





Are there any eyeliners / mascaras that don't really smear??


Or is there some other kind of makeup that i can use to reducing smearing / running?





Thanks [ :Is there any kind of makeup that will help my eyeliner/mascara NOT smear?
One i thing i like to do is after applying the eyeliner, i go over it with an eyeshadow that is close to the eyeliner color. :)


Or like first answer said, liquid is better, but it depends on where you are using it. If you are lining above your top lashes, i really recommend liquid. If you are lining your waterline, then pencil is the best. :) Cuz of course you can't line your waterline with gel or liquid liner. :P


I hope this helps! :DIs there any kind of makeup that will help my eyeliner/mascara NOT smear?
Yeah.


Use higher quality make-up like Clinique


Estee' Lauder


and


Lancome'





They have more quality, and Dont smear even when you get a shower with it still on!!


Hope i helped!!
Use a waterproof liquid eyeliner like MAC's fluidline.


It won't budge and it won't dry out your skin.





...and a tip, as a professional make-up artist, anytime you use ANYTHING waterproof, you can easily take it off with Pond's Cold cream. It costs maaaybe $3 at any drugstore and it takes off make-up like a charm.








Good luck. :]
I recommend using liquid liners. They stay on much longer than regular pencil ones. Waterproof might work better too.
I hate to tell you, but I've tried (and sold) it all on people, and spending a little extra will help you out. I do recommend a waterproof formula. Depending on what you are more comfortable using, I like the following 2 brands best:


Smashbox Jet Set Cream Liner/Shadow: waterproof formula, sets is 60 seconds. Cream formula you apply with a brush. This stuff will NOT budge until you take it off at night. (around $22 at Ulta)





Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil: waterproof pencil formula, you have 3 minutes to blend/smudge/etc with it (makes a great base smudged out for a smokey eye) and then it sets and stays for 24 hours. I use this formula when I waterline the inner rim of the eye - good for sensitive eyes too. (around $15-18 at Ulta)





These are the top 2 I recommend for clients who have problems with the liner smearing. If you have hooded eyes (your top lid sloops down over your lower lid) hold the lid up until the formula dries.


If your mascara is smearing/clumping/leaving crumbs at the lower lashes, it is old and needs to be thrown out. If you just bought it and it's doing that, take it back, as it's either been stored too long or shipped improperly.


I do like for a more performing mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection. If you're on a budget, Almay mascaras are great for sensitive eyes and don't crumble.


Happy Makeup-ing!
Do not EVER use waterproof. It will dry the skin and lashes. All make up will, but waterproof accents the effect.





As well, I would suggest putting on vaseline before you apply mascara. Not only does it help your lashes separate, it also helps your mascara stay on longer.





I use the mascara in a pink and green bottle...um...I haven't used it in a while but it stayed on.





Estee Lauder also has amazing mascaras.





As well, for liner, I would suggest using a liquid liner or pencil. Powder and such does not work as well,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin